Position is available to Norfolk, Virginia Residents Only
Netarus is looking for someone with an customer service, organizational and sales experience background that can help us manage our increasing office environment and customer pipeline. Netarus has a comprehensive list of “situational awareness” platforms that is continually growing. We have a comprehensive list of leads, marketing materials and videos to support any organized person including a CRM and collaboration and project management tools.
We are looking for a team player that is excited about technology, puts customer service as a #1 priority and can relate to our staff and prospects needs. Must be computer literate and be able to work within a web-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. This office manager is ideal for someone who likes functioning as a part of a team in multiple roles and responsibilities.
Netarus can provide office space and the ideal candidate may be permitted telecommute as needed. Office space is available at Netarus’ office in Norfolk, Virginia. Someone with a dynamic personality that understands the challenges of B2B businesses is important.
Full-time and part-time based applications will be considered. Compensation based on experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, have solid organizational skills and professional image.
- Knowledge of PC applications and related web browser use required.
- Very well organized, good phone skills and can type 30+ words per minute.
- Sales and/or customer service experience a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
- Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Additional incentive for customer service follow up and pre-sales activities
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Provide general support to visitors
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations
- Manage executives’ schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Determine current trends and provide a review to management to act on
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Design and implement filing systems and ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Does not shy away from making 10 to 30 touches (calls and emails) per day including pre-sales and post-sales follow ups
- Possess a keen sales sense to avoid non-productive projects/ opportunities.
- Possess and demonstrate good listening, probing and closing skills.
- Good organizational, call planning and follow up skills.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills.
- Can work on process improvement.
- Develop local market channel knowledge (e.g. distributors, dealers, manufacturer reps, resellers, etc.) as such input is requested and applied.
- Formal sales training can be provided for those who are interested.
- Commission plans will be granted for those who demonstrate effort to learn sales
- Provide reports on sales, market, competitive and product information as required.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email with Netarus to provide information on specific issues, sales and product information.
- Communicate regularly with customers by phone, planned visits, and written communications so as to improve sales team and customer relations.
TECHNICAL SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires some technical understanding of how our products work and the applications they can provide solutions to in the field. Knowledge is to be developed with the ability to apply it through training and support documentation provided in.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a contractor or employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the contractor or employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Drive a car. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.